Subtitle

A novice photographer's attempt at focus.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where Photos can take you.

As you can see from the previous post my mission this week was to capture motion in black and white. I had trouble with this and found in challenging to think beyond water and vehicles. So as I was walking looking for a possible thing in motion I decided to sit along a walkway that was quite busy with Sunday strollers. As I was sitting in the harbor watching the slight movements of the boats in the water I heard "yes please..." (a common Turkish way of getting attention). "Yes Please. You can come on the boat and take picture." This was from a deck hand for a nearby boat. Along this stretch of the harbor all the tour boats park and the deck hands petition the passers-by in an attempt to fill their next tour. Much like I do with the vendors at the Bazaar I ignored this man and pretended to look at my camera's settings so that I wouldn't have to tell him no. I didn't realize that this man was famous from being on Turkish Tv 5 times (his words). " You know for football, you know football?" On top of that he was my best photographic opportunity of the day. Him trick for which he was famous was taking off his shirt while bouncing a ball on his forehead. So here are the pictures that I captured that stuck with the theme:






You never know when or where the photos will come from. Thanks "Federer, Cuz I'ma good at the table tennis."

No comments:

Post a Comment