Subtitle

A novice photographer's attempt at focus.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wedding portrait fail

I was poorly prepared for taking wedding portraits. Armed with only my built-in flash and the standard 18-55 lens, the pictures did not turn out well. I had to fight the white walls, fluorescent lights, low ceilings not mention the family members wanting to get a good picture too, don't they know I have a blog to finish? So I pulled out a few pics that were nice. Later I will post a selection of portraits taken later that night after the wedding party. I think they turned out better.




The happy couple with horrible flash shadows.



Celebratory Dancing, notice the videographer's flash burning a
hole in my pic, every where I went he felt the need to be directly across from me.



My favorite photo subject, this was meant to capture her up-do for the party, it's a potential wedding style.

So three isn't bad, I like the others better.

2 comments:

  1. I too have found weddings hard to photograph... I had similar problems with the awkward flash shadow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the ultimate solution, but a cheap one. Do a search for the Gary Fong Puffer. Cool little diffuser that mounts on the hot shoe and goes in front of the built in flash.

    ReplyDelete